Prize Winners for 2011
- The Tony Bath Award, awarded for services to The Society of Ancients: Alan Waller, for his long service as part of the Society's show team.
- The Charles Grant Prize (for an article in the period pre-500BC): Ian Russell Lowell for "Kadesh from Egyptian and Hittite Records." published in Slingshot 275.
- The Phil Barker Prize, for an article in the period 500 to 1 BC: Andrew Taylor for "Battle Manoeuvres for Fast Triremes." published in Slingshot 277.
- The Ian Greenwood Prize, for an article in the period 1AD to 1000AD: Robert Heiligers for " The Golden Age of the Franks." published in Slingshots 274, 276 and 279.
- The Alan Nickels Prize, for an article in the period post 1000AD: Nick Harbud for "A Ballistic Comparison of Trebuchet and Gunpowder Artillery." published in Slingshot 275
- The Best Wargaming Article Prize, kindly sponsored by Gripping Beast: Julian Lorriman for "Quick Resolution for Ancient Battles." published in Slingshot 276
- The Editor's Prize: John Hastings for "Why Do We Play Wargames with Model Soldiers." published in Slingshot 275.
- The John Westwood Trophy, awarded for services to wargaming: Richard Lockwood, for his work in developing and organising the annual Battle Day.