Each year, the Society awards a number of prizes at its AGM & Games Day, in a range of different categories, which mark the best articles in Slingshot that year, recognise contributions to our hobby and express our appreciation for services rendered to the Society. Some of these prizes have been around a lot longer than others, and shown here are the winners for each.
- The Editor's Prize: Initiated in 1970 and awarded at the Editor's discretion to his choice of article
- The Charles Grant Prize: Initiated in 1980 and awarded for the best historical article in the past year for a "pre-500 B.C." topic.
- The Phil Barker Prize: Initiated in 2009 and awarded for the best historical article in the past year for a "500BC to 1BC" topic.
- The Ian Greenwood Prize: Initiated in 1990 and awarded for the best historical article in the past year for a "1-1000 AD" topic.
- The Alan Nickells Prize: Initiated in 1980 and awarded for the best historical article in the past year for an "after 1000AD" topic
- The prize for the winner of the Society Wargames Championship is sponsored by Hinchliffe Models. The Championship was re-initiated in 2009.
- The award for Best Wargaming Article is sponsored by Gripping Beast, and was Initiated in 1996; it is awarded by the Editor to the best wargaming article in the year
- The Paul Morris Prize: Awarded periodically by the Committee, for an innovative wargame or set of rules
- The Tony Bath Award: Awarded periodically by the Committee for Services to the Society of Ancients
- The John Westwood Trophy:Awarded periodically by the Committee for Services to Wargaming
- The Deryck Guyler Award: Initiated in 2008, awarded periodically by the Committee for Services Promoting the Society of Ancients